1. CELLHIRE'S APPROACH
1.2 The Customer can access the Cellhire home page and browse the website at www.cellhire.co.uk without disclosing any personal data, apart from the information collected by cookies that Cellhire uses (see paragraph 5, below).
2. WHO MAY PROCESS DATA
2.1 Personal information will only be collected with the Customer's consent.
2.3 Cellhire may disclose or receive personal information or documents about the customer to/from other companies within the Cellhire group, its authorised carriers and its service providers
2.4 Cellhire may be required to disclose personal information or documents about a customer if required to do so by law in the prevention of criminal activities in accordance with applicable legislation.
3.1 Cellhire will take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information that is held is accurate, complete and up to date.
4. PURPOSE OF PROCESSING
4.1Cellhire, other Cellhire group companies, its authorised carriers and service providers will use the Customer's personal information for the purpose of administering Cellhire's relationship with the Customer, such as, order fulfilment, verifying the customer's identity, payment card verification and delivery address, authorising debit/credit card payments and processing any other transactions authorised by the Customer. Cellhire may also wish to inform Customers of special offers, undertake product or customer research/development and provide other marketing information to the Customer which Cellhire thinks the Customer may find of interest. If a Customer does not wish to receive any marketing information they may request that their details are excluded from any promotional activity by contacting Cellhire at the address at paragraph 9 below.
4.2Information Use Personally identifiable information is collected and used by Cellhire for five general purposes:
- fulfilment of your order for products and services
- customization of the content you see
- to contact you about special offers and new products. Please note; you can opt-out of marketing materials at any time See Section for contact details
- billing and order status purposes
- fulfilment and maintenance of membership and service agreements
- Cellhire has your consent to share the information
- Cellhire needs to provide the information to other companies to fulfill your request for a product or service. For example, a shipping company, credit card processing company, or service partner. (Without your consent, these companies do not have the right to use the personally
-identifiable information provided beyond what is necessary to assist Cellhire).
- Cellhire is legally required to provide information in response to court orders, subpoenas or legal process.
- Cellhire finds that your actions violate the usage guidelines outlined in the Cellhire Terms & Conditions
- Cellhire feels that an emergency situation has arisen which requires us to release information before you can be contacted for consent. For example; a verified family emergency.
5.1 A small file may be written to the Customer’s computer when the Customer visits Cellhire’s Websites. This file is called a cookie which will help the Website to store information during the Customer’s visit to the site. The cookie itself will only contain an anonymous identifier which is then linked to data stored by Cellhire at their data centre. Any personal information gathered and stored is solely for the purpose of completing the transaction or visit to the website. Such information is not then collated or passed to third parties. The information is always passed in an encrypted form and stored on the server-side only – personal information is not stored in the client-side cookie on the Customer’s computer. The Customer can set their computer browser to reject cookies but this may preclude the Customer’s use of certain parts of the Website.
6. SECURITY MEASURES
6.1 Cellhire uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. SSL encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but Cellhire. This security measure is working when you see either the symbol of an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) on the bottom of your browser window.
6.2 Notwithstanding paragraph 6.1, Cellhire cannot guarantee the protection of Customers' personal data transmitted electronically due to the nature of the internet. Customers should be aware that when personal information is disclosed on the internet it may be collected by another user and may result in unsolicited messages from other internet users or result in Identity fraud.
7. ACCESS TO CUSTOMERS PERSONAL INFORMATION
7.1The Customer has the right to request a copy of the personal information Cellhire holds about them (a fee of £10.00 would apply) Please address such requests to Cellhire at the address in paragraph 9 below.
8. ANTI-SPAMMING POLICY
8.1 Cellhire is committed to a zero-tolerance, anti-Spamming policy. Under this policy, we prohibit:
- Manipulating identifiers, such as email headers, to disguise the origin of any content transmitted to or through Cellhire's computer systems.
- Relaying email through a third party's mail servers without the permission of that third party
- Using "robots" or otherwise harvesting others' email addresses from the Cellhire servers for purposes of sending unsolicited or unauthorised material.
- Uploading, posting, emailing, or transmitting the same message, URL, or post multiple times.
- Allowing third parties to contact our customer database without the customers' prior consent.
- Emailing non Cellhire customers promotional or marketing materials without their prior consent.
- Emailing Cellhire customers who have opted out of email based contact promotional or marketing materials without their prior consent.
8.2 Links The Cellhire web site contains links to other web sites. Cellhire is not responsible for the privacy practices of sites owned and operated by other companies. When the customer leaves the Cellhire web site, please read the privacy policies of each web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by Cellhire.
9. CONTACT DETAILS
The Data Protection Officer
t: +44 (0) 1904 616 678
f: +44 (0) 1904 628 045